Sunday, April 18, 2010

How to whiten teeth using PSE?



The high resolution video can be found@ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKDFAybXH00

Here are the steps to whiten teeth in PSE -
1. Open the image to be edited in PSE Editor.
2. Now using Zoom tool from tools bar, zoom on the teeth area by clicking on the teeth.
3. Now using any selection tool, select the area of the teeth. I used Magnetic lasso in the example illustrated. You can use the "Add to Selection" and "Subtract from Selection" top tool bar in for making appropriate selections.
4. Now save this selection as a layer via Layer via Copy option from right clicking the selection area. Nam.e the layer as 'Teeth' by double clicking the layer created in layetrs palette.
5. Now from Enhance menu, Select Adjust Color> Adjust Hue/Saturation.
6. Select 'Yellows' from the combo box and reduce the saturation by 40 points.
7. Select 'Masters' grom the combo box and increase lightness by 10 points or as neccessary.
8. Click Ok.

There is an alternative method for users that hae PSE 7.0 or a newer version. Here are the steps to whiten teeth using smart brush :
1. Open the image in PSE Editor.
2. Select Smart Brush tool from tools bar.
3. From the presets combo box on top tool bar, select 'Very Pearly White'
4. Make a selection around the teeth.

Please notice that Smart brush creates an adjustment layer in your layers palette with the selection area. If you want to make changes to the white color then double click the adjustment layer and select the color.
Also, Smart brush uses Quick selection tool by default for making selection. For using other selection tools with smart brush, please refer to the article at community publishing site of Adobe@ http://kb2.adobe.com/community/publishing/534/cpsid_53474.html

Hope you find this tutorial useful!

12 comments:

  1. Whoa! This Adobe trick is so cool. I can edit my photo and make my teeth whiter. I'm practicing Adobe CS4 this month and I'm really having fun learning it. Though technology can edit the imperfect picture, we can't hide the fact or the real beauty. I have a problem with my yellow teeth due to too much drinking coffee and smoking. Luckily my mom found one of the trustworthy dentists (Laurel, MD-based). I really want to have whiter teeth again. So I never miss any appointment with my dentist (Laurel, MD).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne.

    I read your blog..Interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read over your blog.Intersting post and good video. Teeth Whitening Allentown

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refer this to my close friends who are already seeking for the same .thanks again guys…
    Hi, you make mind blowing ideas about Teeth Whitening services Florida Last time, when I saw your site this was a little good but today I visit the web site again and find that you guys making a very smart work on the site. Today Web surfing is run very fast and a huge competition over the web is spread. So it is quite interesting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vaishali, it is really an awesome blog and I really enjoyed watching the video tutorial on how to make yellow teeth white with Photoshop effect. Though personally I found it a bit depressing the same moment, because here we are trying to make our teeth white which is not in real. Just saying, no offense! :)

    Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some healthy information about the oral health.This may avoid discoloration. A improvement right when a meal minimizes the staining effects some foods have by giving stains no time to line on your teeth. low is one among the foremost ill-famed.Some catchy clips as well !
    Cosmetic Dentist Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can use some of these information. Thanks!

    novasure arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this topic. I want know some helpful things from this side. It is one of the best post from other. It is a useful and charming post.It is extremely helpful for me.
    General Dentistry Fort Lauderdale

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got talent in PS . I enjoy to watch the tutorial . Got my teeth whitening in dentist in kuala lumpur this week , so I could get the result without editing my teeth again :DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing video about How to whiten teeth using PSE.....& afetr this blog we can learn so many things about teeth whitening.

    teeth whitening reading & teeth whitening hemel hempstead

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Content!! Really I was confuse on the same but now satisfied, I was visit one more website like you laser teeth whitening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really appreciated with your content and completely agree with you, here also I was visit a company website which is like you Teeth whitening.

    ReplyDelete