Saturday, May 1, 2010
How to create digital frames with smart objects using PSE?
Steps to create a frame as shown below :
1. Open an image. Control+J to create duplicate of the layer.
2. Select the top layer and from file menu, select Place.
3. From the shown browser, select the same image again.
4. Resize the top layer to a smaller rectangle keeping Alt+Shift pressed. This would help resizing the top layer centrally and without distorting the aspect ratio. This creates a new smart object layer in the layers pallete.
5. Now select the layer below and apply Gaussian blur to it.
6. After this select the smart object layer and apply Bevel effect to it from Effects palette. Click on the style effect settings icon (to the right of smart object layer in layers palette). In the style settings dialog, add glow and bevel effect to the layer.
Here are the initial and final images :